Re: bash profile not sourced under X

Rich Rudnick <nickrud@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> What can I say, I've been using (what I can now call) 'the .xsession
> workaround' for most of that time. .gnomerc is just one more 'doh' :)

Me too, actually. For years I've been running Gnome (on RedHat) with a
xsession/xinitrc setup either, and only on occasion of the recent switch
to Debian I did investigate this stuff again (and was obliged to 'doh'
as well, of course :))

My previous dwellings on gnomerc possibly being a Debian customization
are apparently wrong, btw. I did a web search and found references for other
platforms too, the earliest dating back to 2001 or so. But then, this is the
kind of stuff one doesn't check every day I suppose ...

Regards, Bruno.