Re: bash profile not sourced under X

Rich Rudnick <nickrud@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> Five years of using gnome and now I find this out. Thanks!

Welcome :) I found out myself just after my first Debian install a couple of
months ago. I understand though that this is not a proper Gnome issue, but
rather the session manager (gnome-session). I'm even not sure wether this
is Debian specific, since the only reference to gnomerc I found in the docs
is in /usr/share/doc/gnome-session/changelog.Debian.gz. Especially, none of
the gnome-session man pages seems to mention it.

Anyways, 'grep gnomerc /etc/X11/Xsession.d/*' tells you where .gnomerc is
sourced, if you care ...

Regards, Bruno.