Re: Net-Install Question

Bill Day wrote:

I ran a few searches through archives and didnt see this but that doesnt mean it doesnt exist...

I have a pretty comprehensive isntall on one system here and am about to do 2 more. Since my DSL lineislimited(400k) due to my range from the switch, I would like to utilize my cached packages other than processor specific kernel items from my local machine on the other two.

Any suggestions or pointers toward a readme spot I could look at for this? I am fairly new to Debian(and Linux but will try anything!), but I was thinking that a netinstall of some sort and an NTFS share of my cached packages would likely be some sort of solution available.

TIA
Hi
You could either set up your own apt-repository or (better) put a proxy between the computer and the internet and let it cache everything. And then you have to make sure you're using the same apt repositories on both installations.

Regards
Elvis

--
Elvis Cehajic