Re: Opensource Groupware

Maurits van Rees wrote:

Sorry for mailing twice, Dan; I meant this to go to the list instead
of only to you.

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 02:17:11PM -0800, Dan wrote:
The company I work for is growing and it's been decided that we need some kinda groupware.

is there even anything out there for the open source community that has the same functionality as exchange?

'apt-cache search groupware' turns up several packages.

I don't use any of this though. I don't need it at the moment.

I use egroupware here at home, and it works pretty well for what I use it for, and seems like it could support a lot more people. Korganizer now syncs up with it pretty nicely. The Debian packages install real easily, and I just symlinked the dir where they were installed to /var/www/egroupware, so autoupdates would be in effect. I've been thinking of playing with openexchange for awhile, so if you use it, let me know how it goes ;)

Wednesday Mar 23, 2005

God instructs the heart, not by ideas, but by pains and contradictions.
		-- De Caussade

begin:vcard
fn:Jay Zach
n:Zach;Jay