Re: Need to monitor HTTP traffic

Hal Vaughan wrote:

I've been working on a problem for several days, and need to create a shortcut. I've found a program called Ettercap, which lets me monitor network connections, but I can't find a way to monitor HTTP connections from my browser to a web site, which is what I really need to do. (Unless I missed something, which is possible after several days with almost no sleep...)

Is there a program that I can run on my system that can monitor traffic on a port, including listing it? I need to see the headers on HTTP requests and responses to see what goes between my browser and the web site.

I don't mean just telling me that packets are going out, or what their destination is. I also need to see the content of the packages.

What can I use to do this?

Any help or alternatives is appreciated!

Try out Ethereal <http://www.ethereal.com/>. It should do what you want.

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar@cs.earlham.edu)
-- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/