Re: chkrootkit: Checking `bindshell'... INFECTED (PORTS: 600)

Vincent Lefevre wrote:
On 2005-03-21 18:38:09 +0000, Pigeon wrote:

Nor do I, but I do know that chkrootkit often gives false positives
for bindshell. It does on one of my systems due to portsentry. Try
cross-checking with rkhunter.

Is there a reason why there is no official Debian package for
rkhunter?

Probably because no Debian Developer has expressed an interest in
packageing it.  If you really think it ought to be packaged, read
the Debian New Maintainer Guide, start the process to become a
Debian Developer and announce an intent to package.  Otherwise,
you could find a Debian Developer whom you think might have an
an interest in packageing it.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez