lilo+lvm2 isn't working at all

Hi

I'm having trouble with lilo in all sarge machines with lvm I own. Since (I
think, but I'm not sure) libdevmapper upgrade, lilo isn't working at all.
Every time I try to execute lilo, I got:

# lilo
Warning: COMPACT may conflict with LBA32 on some systems
device-mapper ioctl cmd 12 failed: No such device or address
Fatal: device-mapper: dm_task_run(DM_DEVICE_TABLE) failed

I've tried to upgrade to unstable lilo, but the problem persists.

I think is a *grave* bug, but I don't know where is the problem, lilo, lvm2,
libdevmapper...

I have root in lvm. Kernel 2.6.8-2-k7,

Should I open a bug against lilo? libdevmapper?

Here the relevant parts of my lilo.conf:

boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/mapper/vg_sistema-raiz

compact

image=/vmlinuz