Re: blocking ssh Root Logins

Werner Mahr wrote:
Am Montag, 21. März 2005 18:38 schrieb Roberto C. Sanchez:

In the event you mess up your other settings for ssh (short of
firewalling off the port or bringing down your ethernet interfaces)
that user can always log in to fix things.

Mess up setings is OK, but can you tell me, how ssh can permit the login
of a User, when the Firewall doesn't accept the connection or the
Interface is down? The server can only communicate to places that it
can reach.

What I am saying is that explicitly allowing a normal user login will
protect you from most mistakes excpet those that make the network
physically inaccessible.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez