Re: How to make the terminal buffer bigger?

2005. március 21. 01:30,
"J. Grant" <jg@jguk.org>
-> debian-users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>,:
> Hello,
>
> Hopefully someone on this list knows the solution to my query.
>
> When my debian sarge system starts I don't seem to be able to see all
> the boot up text.
>
> i.e. the start of kernel booting is missing, and also if fsck.ext3 did
> anything that is missing.
>
> Is there a way I can set tthis to be a dynamic size?  Or if the size is
> fixed, can I make it larger somehow?
Not a solution to your problem, but editing /etc/defaults/bootlogd will make
a /var/log/boot at startup, and will write all the infos there. Then after
you log in, you can examine that log file.
Unfortunately, I do not know how to make that buffer bigger, but I'm courious
too!

Daniel

--
LeVA