Re: how to use a two sided printer?

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 11:54:14PM +0100, Bruno Boettcher wrote:
> Hello!
>

> by printing a pdf document i discovered that my printer is able, by
> reeating the sheet, to print double sided pages....
>
> but i can't find anywhere how to tell either latex, dvips or gs how to
> activate that behaviour??

The doubled sided printing has nothing to do with latex, dvips or gs,
it's a function of the printer. You feed the document, and the printers
prints consecutive pages. If you have a double sided printer _and_ the
right drivers, two pages go on one sheet. The crucial part here is to
have the driver (*.ppd). You need to drop the ppd into /etc/cups/ppd/
(IIRC), then you can create a new printer queue in cups. The new queue
is identical to the old one, except that you enable the double sided
behaviour. Just go to 'http://127.0.0.1:631/', everything can be done
from there. In the end you will have two queues on the same printer, one
for single, one for double sided printing.

Hth,

Andreas