Re: Kernel 2.4.18-bf24

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 09:38 +0100, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 11:53:57PM +0100, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 23:00 +0100, Helge Tore Høyland wrote:
> > > Where do I get the source for the kernelimage 2.4.18-bf24
> >
> > What does the "bf" mean ?
> boot-floppys - that's the name of the installation system used for Debian/woody
> and now replaced with d-i the debian-installer.
>
> So this is a kernel image used within the installer. You should replace this
> default Image with something else from the debian repo after the installation.

Umm, no. No it does not mean boot-floppies. It means boot-flavor24.
Versus the standard 2.2 boot-flavor for Woody.

And, it does not need to be replaced as long as one was installed from
the archive, as it has been maintained. Now if the CD boot-image is
still there, it won't be listed in the a "dpkg -l" listing. If it is,
then he should have a recent version of it.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux