Question regarding reiserfs

Hello,

I am curious to find out what causes reiserfs to replay the log on
bootup. This is the situation:

I installed woody 3.0 R2. During the setup I enabled ide-scsi because
I use a CDRW as my main CDROM. Then, modified lilo.conf to include

append="hdc=ide-scsi"

After than, ran lilo with not options. To test my setup, I rebooted my
PC. During the boot I noticed an error message "Warning, replaying log
file..." by reiserfs process. It did not replay any transactions as a
result.

What may have caused it. Is it the change of the MBR that triggered
the replay? The reboot was clean and I see no reason for
corruption....

Please help solve the mystery.

Thank you,
Martynas