Re: openGL and mesa

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 20:15 +0100, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> On Friday March 18 2005 18:39, michael wrote:
> > I'm trying to install vis5d+ on a Debian box (2.4.27-1-686-smp kernel &
> > 'testing' apt updates) and ./configure says I need "to install a 3D
> > graphics library, preferably
> > the free OpenGL replacement, Mesa"
> >
> > When I look at the available packages there's an enormity of them and I
> > cannot distinguish the differences. I've `apt-get install`ed 'mesag3'
> > but that's not helped in the configure stage.
>
> You need to install the development package. For generic OGL support, you only
> need xlibmesa-gl-dev. The headers should be comaptible with about every OGL
> implementation.

Presumably the removal of mesag3 is as expected:
$ sudo apt-get install xlibmesa-gl-dev
Password:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  xlibmesa-gl
Suggested packages:
  xlibmesa-dri
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  mesag3
  xlibmesa-gl xlibmesa-gl-dev
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 1 to remove and 9 not upgraded.
Need to get 697kB/973kB of archives.
After unpacking 2171kB of additional disk space will be used.

thanks michael