Re: can't dial in with minicom to Debian Sarge

hi ya

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Mitchell Laks wrote:

> When I dial in, the modem answers and then negotiates (" the noise") and then
> appears to connect (the minicom window says connected and I see a string
>
> CONNECT 26400/ARQ/V34/LAPM/v42BIS.

good .. you are 99% there ...

	you probably need to fix your DialupServer:/etc/inittab entry for
	your external modem

	/dev/ttyS0 vs /dev/ttyS1 (normally one or both on the motherboard)

> but I never get a login prompt.

	that's defined in DialupHost:/etc/inittab  and not the
	client calling machine

use agetty or uugetty, it's easier to setup than mgetty[-fax]

ppp-server-howto
	http://Linux-Consulting.com/PPP_Server/

c ya
alvin