Re: apache ssl?

On Thursday 17 March 2005 09.05, Lee Braiden wrote:
> On Thursday 17 March 2005 00:48, tom wrote:
> > Ok how do you enable ssl for apache? I see its in mods-available
> > folder but how do you enable it?
>
> Move or copy the files to the /etc/apache2/mods-enabled folder, and do:
>
>   /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
>
> Might have to do some other configuration, but from a glance at the
> .conf file, it looks ready to go :)

I think the recommended way is to follow the example of all the others
modules and create a symlink from mods-enabled to mods-available, if
there isn't one already. So:

# cd /etc/apache2/mods-enabled
# ln -s ../mods-available/ssl.conf
# ln -s ../mods-available/ssl.load

Then you need to use the SSL module in a site configuration. There should
be an "example" setup in /etc/apache2/sites-available/ssl.conf but first
you need to symlink to it from /etc/apache2/sites-enabled. So:

# cd /etc/apache2/sites-enabled
# ln -s ../sites-available/ssl.conf

And restart apache:

# /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

That should be about it. However, considering that I spent days
configuring the damn virtual host configuration to get both SSL and a
non-SSL working at the same time, you probably need to do some tweeking.

Olle