Re: How do I right click on a Mac?

The least painful solution is to get a three-button mouse, but until then, you need to enable mouse button emulation, and then choose keyboard keys to use instead of mousebuttons.

I use F1 for the middle key and F2 for the right. Those are probably not the best choices, as there are applications that need F1 and F2 for their own purposes. But to illustrate:

$ su
# cd /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid
# echo 59 > mouse_button1_emulation
# echo 60 > mouse_button2_emulation
# echo 1 > mouse_button_emulation

Keycode 59 is F1, 60 is F2.  The "echo 1" enables the emulation.

(This was all from memory, I'm not sure it's exactly right.)

If it doesn't work for you, you'll need to check whether mouse button emulation is enabled at all in your kernel. It might not be.

Best,

Mike Crawford
crawford@goingware.com

   Read "GoingWare's Bag of Programming Tricks" at:
          http://www.goingware.com/tips/