Re: how to use pc card

Jacob S wrote:
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:36:27 -0500
Paul <paula4l@access4less.net> wrote:

<snip>

Here's the bad news .. unplugging the card causes 'kernel: Ooops 0000'

in /var/log/messages and the keyboard locks until I reboot.  The mouse

still works and apps will open and can be closed, but nothing takes
from the keyboard and no way to troubleshoot.  Even jumping in and out
of the Xserver makes no difference.

After umounting any disk devices from the card and making sure
there aren't any programs using stuff on the card, try "cardctl eject <socket>". Now you should be able to remove the card
without a kernel oops.

HTH,
Jacob

Thanks a ton Jacob. That's the command I was looking for. I've been googling too much and should have been reading the man pages for pcmcia stuff.

Paul