Re: Anacron running very frequently

Maurits van Rees wrote:
It shouldn't run that often. Once a day should be enough as far as I
know. You could grep for references of anacron in /etc and see if you
find any weirdness. The most important ones would be /etc/crontab and
/etc/cron.d/anacron. For reference, here are those two files as they
appear on my system:

Thanks for the reply, I'd had a fairly good look round /etc/ and those files are the same. However in true computer fashion, since posting it has behaved itself despite having done it frequently for a good few weeks. No doubt as soon as I hit send it will start again.

Thanks

Alistair