Re: Different Sarge kernel upgrade question

John Fleming wrote:
Please tell this newbie about issues regarding kernel upgrades. I'm having trouble using my Dell flat panel display with Sarge and 2.4 kernel. I've tried all the X reconfigure options to no avail. The box works fine with a CRT, but with the flat panel, it just flashes and is unusable. Is it crazy to think trying the 2.6 kernel might help this problem? I'm under the impression that 2.6 has better hardware support than 2.4.

The kernel does not drive the display, your display adapter does. Can you submit the exact display model and the model of your display adapter? Maybe we could help.

Andro

--
Andrey Andreev
University of Helsinki