Re: upgrade sarge from 2.0 to 2.6

Hello

Tom Weller at Ambassador Computers (<ambassador@eastlink.ca>) wrote:

> I am presently running Sarge with the 2.4 kernel, but wish to upgrade
> to the version running the 2.6 kernel. Rather than re-install from the
> option 2.6 I want to upgrade, and 2 days of research in the various
> documentation has fallen short of the goal.
>
> Any advice?

Use apt-get to install one of the precompiled kernel images that are
included in Sarge, e.g. kernel-image-2.6-k7 or kernel-image-2.6-686.
These meta packages depend on the latest available packages for Sarge.
If you use Grub, your boot loaded will be reconfigured automatically.
If you use lilo, make sure the bootloader is configured to use the
initrd image that is included in the kernel package.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976