Re: network seen by kmail and konqueror but not mozilla or apt

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 11:05, Alexandru Cabuz wrote:
> Someone suggested checking my proxy configuration. I don't know what
> the proxy is on this local network. How can I find out? And where to I
> configure that?

Go into Konqueror's settings, and you'll find a Proxy section.  Look under
manual, and see if you can get any settings from it.  If they're there, just
add those settings to Mozilla.  Konqueror might be working it out
automatically, though, and it may not be easy to get the details.

To affect all (or most) of your apps, you'll need to set environment
variables: http_proxy, and perhaps ftp_proxy

As someone else said, your ISP (or IT college/work department, or whoever is
in charge of your network connection) is responsible for these details, so
contact them if you're unsure.

--
Lee.