Re: apt-get behind a proxy

Michael Sry wrote:
Hello,
I have a problem with apt-get. To connect to the internet, there is an automatic proxy configuration URL. Apt-get tries to get to the internet without connecting to the proxy first. How do I tell apt-get to go to that proxy before connecting to the interent.
Thank you
Michael

As far as I am aware the "automatic proxy URL" is a simple webpage which gives the actual name/ip address and port of the proxy itself. I am not sure if you can get it to display as you need it in a browser but if you can manually fetch it: Open a bash prompt and type:

"wget http://website.tld/proxy.url";

without the quotes and replace http://website/proxy.url with the address you were given.

HTH
Grant