Re: Acrobat 7.0 for linux is out

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 23:34 -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> Nate Bargmann wrote:
> > * Dave Howorth <dhoworth@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk> [2005 Mar 15 09:44 -0600]:
> >
> >>Apparently the description "out" is a little premature.
> >>From the Adobe forums:
> >>
> >>To: <adobe.reader@adobeforums.com>
> >>
> >>A new message was posted by MarkATS in
> >>
> >>*Adobe Reader* --
> >>  Reader 7.0 exits immediately on Linux
> >>
> >>Reader 7 for LINUX is still in BETA. There isn't a public release yet.
> >

> > I didn't have any problems running it or reading PDFs, but I wasn't
> > able to get the plugin to work in the Mozilla.org builds of Seamonkey
> > 1.8b or Firefox of late February.  The browsers recognize the plugin,
> > but then don't embed Acroread.  Beats me if it's a MIME issue or what.
> >

> Funny.  I recently noticed the same thing.  The kicker is I have two
> (nearly) identical Sarge boxes.  On one, the plugin works great.  On
> the other, it won't embed, I just download the PDF whenever I click on
> a link to a PDF.

http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/manuals/qi-pvrpci-250350.pdf

That link quickly loads/embeds Acroread and the document into
Mozilla 1.7.5-1
This file (/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/nppdf.so) was copied in from
/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Conservatism in America is different than Conservatism in
Europe, in that they don't conserve Crown and [Church], they
conserve the American revolution, which is a liberal idea."
Dinesh D'Souza