Re: Acrobat 7.0 for linux is out

* Dave Howorth <dhoworth@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk> [2005 Mar 15 09:44 -0600]:

> Apparently the description "out" is a little premature.
> From the Adobe forums:
>
> To: <adobe.reader@adobeforums.com>
>
> A new message was posted by MarkATS in
>
> *Adobe Reader* --
>   Reader 7.0 exits immediately on Linux
>
> Reader 7 for LINUX is still in BETA. There isn't a public release yet.

I didn't have any problems running it or reading PDFs, but I wasn't
able to get the plugin to work in the Mozilla.org builds of Seamonkey
1.8b or Firefox of late February.  The browsers recognize the plugin,
but then don't embed Acroread.  Beats me if it's a MIME issue or what.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"