Re: apt-build

Just testing it out. I'm doing an apt-build upgrade:
E: Unable to find a source package for gnome-games-data
-----> Building gnome-games <-----
E: Unable to find a source package for gnome-games-data
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string
at /usr/bin/apt-build line 303.
Can't chdir(gnome-games-data-): No such file or directory at (eval
1) line 3
 main::__ANON__('gnome-games-data-') called at /usr/bin/apt-build
 line 303 main::build('gnome-games', '1:2.8.2', -2) called at

When tried to play with apt-build, I noticed it's some problems to
deal which sources directories that contains '-' in their name.
Can anybody confirm this?

Has the binary package already been installed? If it has, then you need to pass apt-build the --reinstall option, otherwise it fails to find the source (because apt-get reports that it is up-to-date).

Try apt-build [build-source|source|upgrade|whatever] --reinstall gnome-games

Best,
Todd