Re: General kernel upgrade questions

rds <rustydstone@yahoo.com> writes:

> Worked like a charm. I even went for kernel-image-2.6.8-10-2-*686*, though the
> difference is probably negligible. So far everything looks good.

If you install kernel-image-2.6-686 instead you will get updates
automatically when new versions of the kernel become available in
debian.

    # apt-cache show kernel-image-2.6-686
     This package will always depend on the latest 2.6 kernel image available
     for Pentium Pro/Celeron/Pentium II/Pentium III/Pentium 4.

urs