Re: 3ware 9000 CLI

On Sunday 13 March 2005 09:37 pm, Simon wrote:
> Has anyone sucessfully used the "3ware Storage Controller Management
> Command Line Interface" on debian? I am using debian testing and have a
> 9000 series card and would like to be able to view the status of the
> RAID/disks etc...
I have run a few systems with the 3ware 7506-8 cards. I set them up on with
the cli (command line interface ... initially). I was using redhat 7.3 at the
time.

When I had trouble with the raid5 and needed to talk to product support,
they immeditaely told me to put in the web based interface. Why? well with the
web based interface you get to see the errors long term. They are logged on
your screen. They get erased as soon as you query with the cli.

The web based one is not what I wanted initially (i wanted like all linux
people to run a command  and pipe the result to a remote logging system...)
but under the circumstances, it is better to run the web based application, i
felt.

You remind me I should test out the web app on debian. I am now running at
least 4 sarge servers with 7506-8s. On the other hand I am moving towards
software raid....

Mitchell