Re: kismet and wifi probing

* Jochen Schulz:
> * Bob Alexander:
>>
>> 1) What is the meaning of the "." and "!" symbols I see in the first
>> column of the client ?
>
> I am not sure (and currently cannot look it up myself) but these symbols
> may refer to current activity of the access point. I think all these
> symbols are described somewhere in the kismet documentation, but I can't
> be anymore specific. I will have a look when I am back at home.

It's in the readme section named "9. Ncurses/Panel interface". But
unfortunately you won't find many details there.

> When you have found out the key of a specific network, you can tell
> kismet to decrypt it in it's configuration file. IIRC there should be a
> commented out example of this.

You can set something like
wepkey=<ip-of-access-point>,<wep-key-in-hex>
in /etc/kismet/kismet.conf

An example is included in the configuration file.

J.
--
People talking a foreign language are romantic and mysterious.
[Agree]   [Disagree]