MySql installation errors

Hi All,

I've been wanting to learn MySql for a while and decided to install 4.1 this morning. The install failed with the following errors. It looks like a bug in the installer but as I know very little about MySql I'm unsure. Anyone know what's going on?

The default action is to keep your current version.
*** debian-log-rotate.conf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? Y
dpkg: mysql-server-4.1: warning - failed to link `/etc/mysql/debian-log-rotate.conf' to `/etc/mysql/debian-log-rotate.conf.dpkg-old': No such file or directory
Installing new version of config file /etc/mysql/debian-log-rotate.conf ...
Stopping MySQL database server: mysqld.
 System startup links for /etc/init.d/mysql already exist.
Starting MySQL database server: mysqld.
/etc/init.d/mysql: line 74: /etc/mysql/debian-start: No such file or directory
invoke-rc.d: initscript mysql, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing mysql-server-4.1 (--configure):
 mysql-server-4.1