Re: Different addresses @ boot time

Remove dhcp from the programs that run perhaps by uninstalling it and find something else to run in its place. dhclient is intended only for dynamic host not static operations. Once that's done, get all of the information needed to answer any of ifconfig's questions and run ifconfig with the necessary command line parameters. Once you do that, ifconfig eth0 up if it finds your static address should work. What file you need to backup in order to ensure this setting is preserved I don't know.