Re: usb device

H. S. wrote:

What exactly is your device? Have you tried "-t msdos", "-t ntfs" etc?

I had a similar problem while trying to mount a newly bought USB stick
(Lexar). It was mountable and writeabel and readable under Windows XP
but not under Linux running 2.6.9 and 2.6.10. It turns out that I had to
format it and make a filesystem. After that it worked perfectly in both
the OSes.

Yes definitely check the filesystem on the device. The device seems to be
detected and the proper module loaded. I would speculate that the filesystem
is either corrupt, encrypted, or not a FAT filesystem. You can always format
the device to use FAT.

	-Eric

--
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
	- Albert Einstein