Re: dhcp backend postgresql

the central database is what i'm triying to create.
the other servers are working ok. the only thing that remains to do is the dhcp server.
thanks anyway.

El Sáb 12 Mar 2005 01:41, Roberto C. Sanchez escribió:
pablo daniel rey wrote:
> i have a working infraestructure with a central postgresql database.
> i have the mail server, the apache authentification and the dns data in the database.
> and i want to relate the dhcp information with the dns information.
> it makes the backup and recovery very easy.
> it also let me modify or access all the data through SQL and php.
> it works wonderfully.

My understanding is that dhcpd goes to lots of lengths to ensure that
leases are properly recorded such that even a crash in the middle of a
lease offer to a client will not mess things up.  That is, when the
server comes back up it will be in a deterministic state.  Now, if you
are talking about a central database on a different host (e.g., you have
a mailserver, dhcp server, dns and apache all on different machines and
they go to a central Postges database), then that is a different story.
If that is the case, I am guessing that you want the ability to drop
in a clean host to act as whatever server has gone done and pull the
necessary state information from the central database.  If that is what
you are looking for, I can't help you since that is far beyond my
level of knowledge.  However, if your needs are not so robust, I would
think that the standard dhcpd should work just fine.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr