Re: Thunderbird segfaulting

Rob Brenart (TT) wrote:

Yeah, I'm running unstable.

Here's my best guess as to what happened (as it's fixed now)

I use a shared profile between a Windows and Linux installation of Thunderbird on a FAT32 drive... and I think something was corrupted. Last time I booted into windows it did the automagic "scanning disk for whatever" blue screen, and the problem went away.

But that's just a best guess, perhaps it was some obscure library that came or went as I have installed and removed a couple other software packages.

Yes, if the profile dir is somehow corrupted there is no defined outcome when starting thunderbird. Does your windows tbird still work properly?

Maybe try to start over with a new profile and see if your problem goes away!

    messages preferred.   | : :' :      The  universal
A. Sack - asac@jwsdot.com | `. `'      Operating System
http://www.jwsdot.com/    |   `-    http://www.debian.org/