Re: apt-get behind a proxy

--- Michael Sry <michael_sry@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Well. It didn't really work. First apt-setup asks
> for my location and then
> to indicate an adress such debian.fr something. Then
> it asks to enter the
> url of my proxy configuration which I did. Is there
> another possibility?

You mention an automatic url. Can you get a manual
address to work in your browser (just as a test).
Maybe just an ip or name? If you can get a manual
proxy working in your browser (for http), then there's
no reason why it shouldn't work in apt-setup.

Let me know...

Again, I put 172.16.1.25 and then 8080 in my browser
proxy and port. Thus, I put http://172.16.1.25:8080
into apt-setup. In apt-setup I have to choose "http"
as the method - ftp just won't work through the proxy
available to me.

Test your browser "manually".

--
Matt