Linux Tool to Open Windows Self-Extracting Archives

	After a couple of google searches that didn't turn up anything
useful, I ask the following question:

Is there a UNIX utility that will unpack the archives in one of those
Windows .exe executable self-extracting archives?

	I want to reverse-engineer a CDROM containing tons of Windows
files and a data base which may be hidden in a .exe file that
self-extracts when run in Windows.
I couldn't care less about all the Win stuff, but I want to look at
the data base.

	I believe many of the self-extracters are just an application
that runs winzip on a zip file embedded in the .exe file so it should
be possible to separate the zip file and unzip it.

	I am pretty sure AOL installation disks make use of that
mechanism also when customers install AOL on their Windows systems.

	I do have zip and unzip on my Debian system so if there is a
way to use unzip on the .exe to extract the archives, then I just need
to know about that.

	Thanks for any good ideas.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group