Re: How do i use a *remote* sound card

Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:
I'd like to be able to use a sound card on a different computer as if it
was local - is that possible at all?

Background:  As many others, I use a laptop. With speakers of rather
dubious quality.  As it happens, I have another box (my MythTV box)
which is connected to proper speakers.

So I imagine having a "sound card" in ALSA that really connects to the
real sound card on the remote computer - and voila, my radio listening
is suddenly bearable again...

Ideas anybody?

I use NAS, which purports to be a Network Audio Server, for which I do not use it, but to generate different sounds.