Re: Network problem Help!!

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 18:54:13 -0800 (PST), Sergio Basurto Juarez
<sbasurtoj@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Good Evening,
>
> I am trying to configure a server like the following
>
> router             eth0           eth1         LAN
> 192.1.0.13     192.1.0.14     192.1.0.23
> 192.1.0.0/24
>
> My default gw must be 192.1.0.13 the problem is when I
> want to do any comunication with my LAN I have
> problems becase it tryies to goes out from eth0 some
> one knows how to achieve this, I was reading
> Adv-routing howto but I wondering if there is another
> way to do it?. I think the communication must be
> transparent why it does not happen?.
>
> Any point to documentation or tip will be appreciated
> a lot.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Sergio Basurto J.
>
> If I have seen further it is by standing on the
> shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)
> --

Hi,
What you need is a bridge.Although if you can, is better to use
differents subnets for the LAN and server and use the server as
gateway.

You can start with this links if you need the bridge:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Ethernet-Bridge-netfilter-HOWTO.html
http://small.dropbear.id.au/docs/adslfirewall.html

You can ignore the part of patch the kernel, ebtables and firewall if
you only want to route the traffic.

Good luck!