Re: ATI Radeon 7000 Setup in Debian

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:49:00 -0500
"Joshua Moore" <moorevineyard@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to install the Radeon 7000 in my new AMD64 system.  When
the menu
> asks which chipset I'm using what should I choose?  It looks like it
> auto-selects vesa, but there is also an option for ati.  I didn't see
> anything for RV100 or radeon.

What version of Debian are you using?

The XFree86 packages from Sarge should support direct rendering on most
Radeon models in the 9200 or less range, and give you radeon as an
option when you type:

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

: at the command line, to reconfigure the X server.

I just looked up what packages are in Woody and if you are using Woody
and have xserver-xfree86 installed you should have radeon as an
option when you reconfigure as indicated above, choosing ati should
work too. The other xserver packages are older 3.3.x versions.

Later, Seeker