Re: Question about bind and dig normal behavior

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 11:32:53PM -0500, William Ballard wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 09:14:14PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > I get no answer, only an authority section from the internet in the
> > response. I had thought I would get the same answer, but I don't. So
> > my question is, am I simply mistaken in my expectation, or have I
> > missed something in setting up my data file?
>
> Does resolv.conf contain a line "search lan.gnu" ?
> man resolv.conf

Yes:

big:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf
search lan.gnu
nameserver 192.168.0.10

Your question seems to carry the implication that you believe I am not
mistaken in my expectation, i.e. in your view, I am justified in expecting
the second query to yield a useful answer?

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net