Re: apt-proxy-v2 upgrade from v1 problems

On Saturday 05 Mar 2005 21:57, Adrian Levi wrote:
> I updated to apt-proxy-v2 and now I'm getting these errors, I wouldn't
> have a clue as to how to fix this. I have tried googling on "apt-proxy
> string index out of range" and got nothing.
>
> On the command line I get:
> firewall:/var/log# /etc/init.d/apt-proxy start
> Starting apt-proxy
> Failed to load application: string index out of range
> .
> Any assistance appreciated.

[...]
> 2005/03/06 08:54 EST [-]     factory.timeout = conf.gettime(DEFAULTSECT,
> 'timeout')

It's reading the 'timeout' configuration value in your configuration file.

1. Please send me your apt-proxy-v2.conf as is without modifications, so I can
reproduce the problem and make that into a sensible error message.

2. Look very carefully at the timeout line and see if you can spot the
mistake.  Try deleting it if you can't work it out - that way a sensible
default will be used.

Chris