Re: how to create a deb package from source

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 04:12:39PM +0000, belahcene wrote:
> Hi, I want to create a debian package from a source ( not a debian
> soucre .dsc ).  For example I want to create phpBB-2.0.13.deb from
> phpBB-2.0.13.tar.bz2, to put it a list of debian package.  Is there
> a document where I can find the procedure ?  thank for help*

I have recently seen this on the Freshmeat mailing list and I have
used it twice now.  In on occasion it worked nicely (installing
emirror) and on another I did not have success:

[020] - deb-install 0.5
  by icekiss (http://freshmeat.net/users/icekiss/)
  Mon, Jan 31st 2005 16:37

System :: Archiving :: Packaging
System :: Installation/Setup

About: deb-install is a command line tool that can install or show
information about packages and files in several different formats.
Whenever a program is installed using deb-install, it is converted
into a deb package beforehand, and thus can be removed with a simple
"apt-get remove <name>". It currently supports .deb, .rpm, .dsc, and
.tar/.zip (source archives). Compression via gzip or bzip2 is handled
automatically.  If a needed tool is missing, deb-install asks whether
it should install it.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

Regards

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them
      in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the
      Holy Ghost; Teaching them to observe all things
      whatsoever I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with
      you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
                     Matthew 28:19,20