Re: SMS messages with Debian.

Jeremy Brooks wrote:

On Mar 6, 2005, at 7:29 AM, Andreas Janssen wrote:

Hello

Luis Fernando Llana Díaz (<luis@ramonvazquez.net>) wrote:

I am making an application and I want it to warn when some events
happen. I would like to receive a SMS message in my cell phone. I do
not what is the best way:
<snip>

Check out the program smssend at http://zekiller.skytech.org/smssend_menu_en.html. It allows you to send sms messages from the command line. It takes a little experimenting to get it working (at least it did for me), but once you get the command line correct for your provider, it works well.

hth

There is also,
http://site.n.ml.org/info/naim/
I have not tried it as I only recently came across it.