Re: Re: Accounting package

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 02:51:27PM +0800, Jianan wrote:
> Hi,
> Points taken.
> I would like one to support a one-man business operation selling physical
> goods. Basic capability would be to track cost and sales revenue to revel
> profit(loss). A package with add-on capabilities when required.
>
> Any recommendation now?

Could you do this with a database?  I've been keeping track of my *VERY
MODEST* business dealings with a "C" program based upon flat
random-access records.  I've used it for several years but I'm now
considering setting it up with PostGreSQL.

This will require learning the SQL language (plus possibly others with
which it might interface), but I'm looking at the seemingly limitless
reporting possibilities.  Your needs might be too complicated for
something like this unless you are into database management, but this
might extend your capability to examine your transactions beyond what
any fixed accounting package might do.