Re: Dual monitors and color syncing

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> Hello, all
>
> Thanks to Kent West for his page on how to set up a two headed box.
>
> <http://docs.linux.com/article.pl?sid=03/10/05/025207&tid=>
>
> It worked great!  Now my problem (well, one of them) is that my two
> monitors have differing values for colors.  One monitor has a decidedly
> redder hue than the other which, by comparison, is quite greenish.  The
> controls on both monitors only deal with screen geometry, not color.  Is
> this an issue of monitor age?  One is several years older than the
> other.

I don't think it's the age. At work I have two identical NEC LCD
monitors, bought at the same time. Both are connected to the same ATI
card, one on the digital output and one on the analog output. They too
show different color values, the one being much to green (I think the
one on the analog output, but I'm not sure) and the other perhaps just a
bit too red.

I've tried adjusting the colors using the controls provided by the ATI
driver on Windows (we're a Windows shop), but I couldn't get it quite
right.

--
"Codito ergo sum"
Roel Schroeven