Re: X environment variables

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 01:47:35AM +0200, Gedas wrote:

> to my ~/.bashrc or /etc/bash.bashrc. But this PATH variable is not
> accessible from X windows outside gnome-terminal. For example when i

The .bashrc file is only sourced on non-login interactive shells by
default. You need to set it in .bash_profile if you want the environment
set for login and non-interactive shells as well. See the INVOCATION
section of the bash man page for more information.

--
Find my Techno-Geek Journal at http://www.codegnome.org/geeklog/