Re: KERNEL 2.6.10 BOOT PROBLEM

If the package manager knows which kernel is installed, it can handle dependencies correctly and probably tell you which of the other (probably kernel-dependant) packages will work/not work.

Michael

bog wrote:
Well I also have installed kernel-image-2.6.10-1-686, which of course
works with no problem,but I wanted to compile one from kernel.org.

What are those advantages if I use the kernel from debian?Why would it
be better to work with those?