Xen (was: qemu)

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:25:39 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:

>> qemu, fast processor emulator, seems to be a very good tool.
>> Anybody have good experience/comment/quick ref on it please?
>
> if you're using sarge, have a look at this article, using qemu is really
> simple now: http://www.debian-administration.org/?article=95

Thank you Holger, the link is most appreciated.

Just for the archive,

- I also find another interesting article from there too -- "Running
Microsoft Windows inside Debian: qemu"

- I happened to have found another emulator, xen
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xen, reading from its web page
(http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/performance.html), it
seems to be extremely fast, even (much) faster than the VMware, using the
latest version of them when doing the comparison.

So, for simplicity, go for qemu; for performance go for xen.

my 2c