Re: XMMS and Sreamtuner?

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 02:27 pm, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 13:13 +1000, geoff wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I've just installed Debian from the 'netinst' disc and then upgraded the
> > kernel to 2.6  I graduated from Mepis.
> > Can you advise me how to get XMMS working with Streamtuner.
> > Or how to get it working at all?
>
> For me, it "just works".  What happens when you try to open a
> stream using ST?
>
> What DE are you using?
Hi Ron, It connects, buffers, then a box comes up "couldn't open audio" please
check your soundcard is configured properly and you have the correct output
plugin selected and no other program is blocking the soundcard.>
In Mepis the output plugin in XMMS is aRts Output 0.7.1 (libarts.so) but I
haven't got that in the configuration boxes in Debian XMMS
thanks
geoff