Re: Mencoder

May I hijack this thread quickly? I am unable to get XVID tv shows I downloaded to load in. It just sits there. and complains that the audio codec "cannot find codec for audio format 0x56444152" However a movie I had (XVID) will start[so it's not a hardware problem, i assume].. Should I assume a corrupted file? Or am I in need of a new audio codec file, and where should I get the said codec?

From: Carl Fink <carlf@fink.to>
To: Debian Linux General Discussion List <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Mencoder
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:16:10 -0500

Francesco wrote:

> Easily:
>
> mplayer -vo null -ao pcm name-of-movie

Note that this is the same as what I wrote, only without all the
options.  (Will this even work?  I'm not at an mplayer-equipped box
right now, but you haven't specified a WAV file name.  Does it
default to test.wav or something?)  In other words, I knew that.

> This isn't difficult if you readed mplayer/mencoder documentation, it is
> translated to many langauges!

It isn't important how many languages it's in.  It's important that
it's poorly-written and extremely badly organized.
--
Carl Fink                  carl@fink.to
Ask me about I-Con 24, April 8-10, 2005