Re: mouse problem

Nikola Novakovic wrote:

I have problem with a PS/2 mouse in X. In XF86Config-4 file device for mouse is /dev/psaux and this device is the only one that works. console mouse is working just fine, without any problems. When I start X, the mouse is just running around, clicking things in random order. Any idea?

I had the same problem, setting the mouse protocol to "ImPS2" fix it (I have a Genius optical netscroll) :

[in XF86Config-4]
   Option        "Device"        "/dev/psaux"
   Option        "Protocol"     "ImPS/2"

I imagine that the config for the console mouse is not in XF86Config? (but where?)

PA